We have journeyed from the exquisite beaches of Scenic Highway 30A all the way to the sweet southern town of Baker, Florida to give you the top 10 places to celebrate this Fourth of July on the Emerald Coast. We here on the Emerald Coast know how to celebrate this patriotic holiday because of our neighboring heroes stationed at Whiting Field, Hurlburt Field and Eglin Air Force Base.
(Photo by Kaylie B. Poplin)
Let’s begin our journey.
- 30A- 30A hosts an annual Fourth of July parade that begins at 8:00 am at the Seagrove Plaza. Celebrations go on all day on 30A with fireworks at dark in Watercolor, Rosemary Beach, Grayton Beach and Alys Beach communities. If you are in the Sandestin area you can celebrate in Baytowne with their Red, White and Baytowne festivities. Fireworks will be at 9:15pm.
- Destin- The HarborWalk Village is a popular place to go for the Fourth. Their Red, White and Blue Celebration will feature live music and performances. You can watch fireworks over the Destin pass at 9:00pm.
- Fort Walton Beach- Fort Walton Beach will have their Fourth of July celebration at the Fort Walton Beach Landing with music, kid’s activities and a lot of fun. A fireworks show will begin at 8:30pm.
- Niceville- The 2013 July 4th Fireworks Show in Niceville will begin at 8:45pm over the Boggy Bayou. Three great locations to view this show are at Lincoln Park, Lions Park and Turkey Creek.
- Navarre- Thursdays in the Park and Fireworks at the Navarre Park will be from 6:00-8:00pm with Fireworks after dark.
- Milton- If you are in the Downtown Milton area you can celebrate at their 2013 July 4th Riverfest. All festivities will be in the Riverwalk area with fireworks over the Blackwater River after dark.
- Pensacola Beach- July Fourth Fireworks in Pensacola Beach will take place at 8:30pm over the Sound.
- Pensacola- Arts, Crafts and entertainment are just a few of the things you will find at Pensacola’s July Fourth Celebration in Seville Square. Fireworks will begin after dark.
- Crestview- Celebrate with music and games at the Fourth of July Celebration in Crestview. This will be located at the Twin Hills Park with a fireworks show starting at 9:00pm.
- Baker- An Independence Day Celebration will be going on at the Memorial Park in Baker for this Fourth of July. Food, fun and fireworks beginning at 9:00pm are something to look forward to.
We hope you have a great Fourth of July and let our troops know how much you appreciate them!
Kaylie B. Poplin